Wednesday, June 8, 2016

SPECTACLE

The dinner was perfect, the food exquisite and the company divine. Upon leaving we looked at each other and shouted “let’s get our next visit on the calendar” As I lay in bed that evening I thank God for the smiles, laughter and great food. The best of times! Having quality family time is priceless.
I went to a wedding recently, I love weddings. Everything was perfectly orchestrated. It was a Christian celebration, filled with the vows promising to serve Jesus, music selected that had meaning to the bride and groom, beautiful people and beautiful flowers. Gazing across the room watching the eyes of the proud parents, grandparents other family and friends. What a delight!
A few days later to my amazement I read this passage:
“Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” (Revelation 19:9).
The wedding was still fresh on my mind. I was smiling as I reflected on the celebration and all of the thought and time put in for the big day. The parent’s sacrifice to pay for this union and make it a special day for the bride and groom. The love in their eyes. The dedication in their hearts. The details. They cared deeply. The hard work paid off.
Those two experiences gave me a taste of  the promised wedding feast that will be put on by God in heaven one day. My soul anticipates what will certainly be a regal celebration.  A wedding feast for us. God is so generous and loving.
God wants to do that for us one day. What a gift!  A wedding made in heaven. It will be a spectacle– something that can be seen or viewed, especially something of a remarkable or impressive nature. But here my father promises me a wedding supper with Jesus! My mind can’t wrap around the thought of a grand wedding put on by an extravagant Father.  I know God doesn’t do anything cheap. I know he never lies. The angel felt compelled to remind us it will be true. It will come!
It lifted my spirits! The hope! Something to look forward to! How many times do I complain “I have nothing to look forward to!”
On this day my mind is blown away that I just had a great time at a wedding and then boom, I’m reminded that God promises to throw the greatest wedding ever.
Do you know the one who makes this promise?
I love this invitation.
Let your mind wonder and imagine our Father in heaven has a wedding awaiting us all in a new earth.

I mentioned the two events to represent quality time but the even higher quality is yet to come and God will make a “Spectacle” out of His long awaited feast. It’s true!

No comments: