Friday, January 26, 2018

60 SECOND LAINE-THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING

A friend called me frantic about a possibility that things will be changing in her company.
She vented to me all of the thoughts that came racing in her head.
What if they fire me? Or, what if they eliminate my position and don't offer me anything else?
What if they keep me on and I don't like the changes? They could make so many changes that I hate it here! I should really update my resume! But do I really want to go in another direction completely for work? I've been thinking about that one for a longtime. What do I want to be? Should I go back to school? Could I afford it? What would I go for? My other friend said I should really be preparing. My other co-worker has great plans, her resume is perfect. Another co-workers seems like she has no worries at all! Another said you should prepare to move this could really could affect me in such a way that I can't even pay the bills! Another friend, Suzy you know her, she always has the best advice, said I've always thought you should get your teaching degree. I would go back to school I suppose. Where would I find the energy?
Blah, Blah, Blah...

Do you do this? Have you taken one thought and ran with it like it was going to be the absolute gospel truth before you even do research? Don't you feel horrible after you blurt this out to a friend? Maybe you walk away feeling like you're nuts?

Stop!
Stop now!
Take a deep breath!
First I want to say you are not NUTS! I am so sorry that things are stinky right now!
Ask yourself to consider thinking about what you are thinking?
The beginning of healing is admitting you have a whole bunch of chatter going on in your head and it's like a field mine about to explode and that's scary cause you don't know if you will ever get that brain back again.
Been there; done that!
Do not be ashamed.
You probably have some legit reasons why things have gone wrong in the past.
Here's another thing to consider.
Stop blaming others for the pile-up and start taking responsibility for every day you live.
You maybe turning your computer off right now or about to.
You may think I maybe being harsh.
I want you to know that pain and hurts are legit.
Grieving is proper and in stages.
But at some point; I think the saying goes (gosh I screw up sayings)
Put on your big boy or girls pants and carry on. Well if that is not the saying it should be.
Do you get what I mean.
Example:
I heard a story of one raised in the ghetto that had been abused and neglected practically abandoned.
Yet on the other side of growing up they are thriving and getting along in life. Their story ended up different because they put their big pants on and figured out the powerful God tools to navigate healing.
Yep I said it!
Powerful God tools. Let's start a project.

No comments: