Monday, February 4, 2019

GOSPEL OF MATTHEW OBSERVATION-RECOGNIZE

Driving through Sorrento, Italy everywhere I was seeing lemons and of course tasting different versions of Limoncello! Yum! (When you have a cold take a shot of it! Soothing!)
Visiting other cities that have abundant fruit trees always catches my eye. I love to see the harvest of life. The bright yellow of lemons is so refreshing and in Italy they look like they have taken steroids.The memorable visual picture of Sorrento in my mind, the "Limon". The bright fruit.

Fruit does that, it gives you a visual, a nametag. On the outside it is beautiful, but a times I have cut into a beauty only to find something rotten inside. Yuck! I think that is why the Jesus uses the fruit to describe our heart. From the inside. It's important to him. Matt. 7:16 "By their fruit you will recognize them."

As I peruse through Matthew I am awestruck by the word fruit.

RECOGNIZE, the fruit with in.



Do things that show that you have turned from wrong-doing. Face the fact, we all have some brown spots within us.
Let's get rid of them. Let's ask God to help with the ability to recognize the brown and and turn away and produce beautiful fruit from the inside out.
Amen.
#ejcoffeeart


No comments: