Tuesday, February 19, 2019

HGTV PRAYER-HOUSING PROBLEM

Though the the cash flow is limited,
and many must downsize,
though there is no open floor concept,
the closets are not organized, the yard is not professionally landscaped,
the laundry room is on the lower level, the water is well...


If a modern day Habakkuk (nothing is known of the prophet himself from the bible), name means, embracer, because of His love for God, was writing for HGTV publishers he could write the above.

Habakkuk, 607 years before Christ, wrote, a defense of God's goodness and power in the existence of evil.

Habakkuk 3:17 "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior."

What would your contemporary heart cry before God today?

I thought about this from so many angles. I have heard of godly mom who cried out about the horror of her slain son in a high school shooting...yet in the of hurt cry she recites something similar to Habakkuk...I will rejoice in the Lord.

Habakkuk's courage to praise because of Faith in God. I asked God today.
Vaccinate me with this courage regarding my own stuff going on, help me to put it into perspective.
Maybe today you could be honest with God about the evil you are seeing all around you and how it affects you...then try and end with I will rejoice in you Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Amen.

I am not saying HGTV is like God, but they do help people resolve their housing problems, just as God directs us to have faith, make my heart, Christ's home.


No comments: