Friday, February 15, 2019

SONSHINE MOMENT

"I am going to use the angel to make Jesus more real to my Sunday school students", the passionate teacher exclaimed.

The "offer up" experience was completed.The angel sold below:
I made this a business transaction, going through the motions, but what I really got was a dose of sonshine, a cute story that activated my soul. In the midst of moving and being all like rushed to get rid of thing, like I said being all business like, it happened. This lady, who I sold the angel to, entered my house explaining her purpose with such glee and love for Jesus.

Look at the ray of light shining down from heaven in the statue above. Luke was conveying the story of Jesus when he was in the garden of Gethsemane, right before His arrest and crucifixion. The suffering agony of Jesus heart, praying to the Father to let this cup pass...he sweats blood...grapples with the reality of what would occur in a moment...then He wholeheartedly surrenders to the plan of God...God's way of helping after Jesus surrendered His will, was to send an angel to strengthen Him.  Luke 22:42-43

Friends, we grapple with life, things happening, but do we withdraw, kneel, pray as Jesus did. Jesus sets the example to lay down our burdens to the Father, praying, If you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Let's pray:
Father in heaven help me....I surrender.........(state what it is)....thank you for the strength that you will give me to proceed. Amen.

We can rush through life with a choice acknowledge the ray of sonshine or miss it completely. The same ray of light that appears on Jesus is the same light available for you and I.

Let's get our sonshine moments on! Let's surrender! Let's submit our life to the Father!
then...
let's receive the strength and courage to carry on. to proceed. to go. to continue. to surrender.


No comments: