Wednesday, February 10, 2021

JOY-UNSTOPPABLE

I don't know about you but I love a good sunset...when I see a beautiful skyline I get crazy! The days in winter here in the Midwest get hard to bear, so my husband I have been taking off to find the sunset at an overlook near my home. I really can not explain this pause but it is so JOY FILLED!

Getting back to my Journey of the word JOY. 

The next time JOY appears in the bible, Leviticus 9:23-24, "Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people. Fire came out from the presence of the Lord and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for JOY and fell facedown.

Moses, got a word from the Lord that today the Lord would appear to the people. He got Aaron, his sons, elders of Israel and got them ready to present a sacrifice offering. The whole assembly stood by Moses as he stated, "This is what the Lord has commanded you to do, so that the glory of the Lord may appear to you." 

How beautiful that they obeyed and the fired consumed the offering and that is how the glory of the Lord appeared. Today we have the whole bible to read and see the glory of the Lord. The assembly was filled with JOY! When we seek God with our whole heart, he allows us to see His glory! Amen!

I believe that is why the sunset brings me such JOY. In the skyline line the glory of the Lord appears. He created the sunrise and sunset, therefore it is so like Him to allow us to be consumed.

Prayer: Father start a fire, sweep the world, and allow us to all to see the glory of the Lord.




When you seek God, it is Unstoppable JOY!

The last precious words of Jesus before going to the cross, "Father I want those you have given me to be with me where I am and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." 
I long for the world to see Him in all his glory and power.

No comments: