Thursday, February 18, 2021

JOY WITH THE KIDS

 

 

I was asked to be the chaplain at a local homeschool and in the invitation, it read "make up your own content and ideas!" Well, I accepted the invitation and yes, I have ideas, like JOY!

 

The title of the message: COME ON IN 

Was 2020 a weird year? Were your activities cancelled? Vacation cancelled? School cancelled? Were friendships difficult? Was quarantine difficult with your siblings? Parents? Were there days you did not feel like getting out of bed? I gave the each of the kids a balloon, and every time they answered with "yes" they had blown a little more air into it. Mine got so full, so I popped it with a pin and the loud “POP” scared the kids! "Why did you do that?!" they screamed. I said, "Because you answered 'yes' so much, it looked like you were going to pop! Don’t you feel like popping?" They yelled, “Yes! Give me the pin!”

 

This is the result of 2020 and we are on track to continue in the grumbling and complaining if we do not do something.

“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and REJOICE with all of you. So you too should be glad and REJOICE with me. Philippians 2:14-18 NIV”

Back in the Bible we read of troubles, years ago there was the Great Depression, England had the bomb threats where the students had to walk around with gas masks, we had the threat of nuclear bombs here so people built do-it-yourself bomb shelters in their backyard. Everyone has stories of troubles! What are we to do?

Let’s look to our friend Jesus for answers.

Jesus came into the world as a baby. And when He was thirty, He revealed himself to twelve friends that He called His disciples. They were learning from Jesus. In Matthew 11, it reads "When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?”

Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy[b] are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.” (Matt. 11:2-6, NIV) Verse 6 in the AMPLIFIED says this, “And blessed (joyful, favored by God) is he who does not take offense at Me (accepting Me as the Messiah and trusting confidently in My message of salvation).”

 

Do you hear and see? Joyful are you that accepts the Messiah and trusts in His message of salvation. THAT IS COMPLETE JOY!

 

Later, Jesus says, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth (I openly and JOYFULLY acknowledge Your great wisdom), that You have hidden these things (these spiritual truths) from the wise and intelligent and revealed them to infants (to new believers, to those seeking God’s will and purpose). Matt. 11:25 AMP” 

I titled the Journey,  “COME ON IN”

From Jesus birth till death He always invited people to COME ON IN.

Jesus invited us to “Come to me (come on in) all who are burdened, tired, exhausted, overwhelmed, suffering, grieving (add your suffering)…and I will give you real rest, come walk with me hear and see, I created you, I love you, I am gentle and humble at heart and I will give you salvation, forgiveness of sins, life on earth and when you take your last breath eternity with me, real rest for your soul.”  

The Joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10 


Further report on this teaching. What a joy!

“Today we received a text from the mom of an 8th grade student at Life Christian Co-School. It's about Elaine. 🙂💙 Here it is:

 

Hello ladies,  hoping you're enjoying winter break. No need to respond to this now at all, I'm sure you are busy and enjoying some free time... but I  am sending this now anyway because otherwise I will forget LOL

 

A couple weeks ago there was someone who filled in for the pastor for chapel. I forget her name, but Ava really liked her a lot.    She was telling a story about how God was working in her life to bring joy to her every day. She also made little cards to hand out to the kids to carry around to remind them of the joy that Jesus brings. That story really resonated with Ava, and she has been excitedly repeating this teaching to us a few times now. Our college daughter also delighted in this story and was wondering if she could get one of the handmade cards herself?  Wondering if you can provide an email contact for this lovely woman so I can communicate with her how she impacted my girls and also ask for another card?”

 MY RESPONSE:  OF COURSE, COME ON IN!

I continue to focus on 2021 by knowing the truth of Jesus and His word. It is going to keep me sane. Truth keeps us sane. Its journey continues and the stories are compiling. I created a photo album and will continue to post the sightings of JOY!

Will you “COME ON IN”? Laminated train cars with passengers are available upon requests. It is a reminder to continue in JOY for 2021 and to commit to finding joy in the Bible and exploring the full complete definition as Jesus says, “YOUR JOY MAY BE COMPLETE.” I pray that this is true for you this year.

No comments: