Sunday, July 24, 2022

CROOKED SPINE

 I pulled out my worn leather bible that had been in a tote bag for over a week, it was crooked and not flat even when I laid it on the table. It appears that I have to wait till it straightens back out.

I relate seeing my bible to viewing my x-ray of my back this past week and my spine is crooked and actually leaning to the right.

Let me explain why I this is significant finding right now. Both are going to take time to straighten out.

"so is my word that goes out from my mouth;  It will not return to me empty, but will ACCOMPLISH what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord's renown, for and EVERLASTING sign, which will NOT be destroyed." Is. 55:11-13

"God is working all things for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." Rom. 8:28

"Consequently (as a result), faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." Rom. 11:17

If I do not get help for my back consistently for now it will not straighten out. If I do not read the bible the consequences are even greater than a crooked spine I will not accomplish the desire of God (be led in and forth in peace), lack faith. 

This message comes at a critical point in our world. Reading our bibles is a priority. Being in nature where God shows himself to us (an everlasting sign). Resist the phones and information that will destroyed and return to Jesus and HIs word.

My six year old grandson went to vacation bible school and came to me and said, "Ama, I asked for my own bible. The word is truth." He learned that it is truth and it is a treasure. The theme was "Treasure". Gaining truth gave them keys that they could use to open the treasure chest. In the chest was a bible. The three verses I listed above is the keys and the treasure is Jesus and His word.

So my key to getting a straighter spine is praying and Jesus will heal it. He will use treatments and the Chiropractor to help me. My leather bible with time will straighten out with my hands guiding it to flatten out.

I forever grateful that God want to help straighten us out in joy, with peace. 



No comments: