Wednesday, February 7, 2024

GREENLIGHT

"I guess I have the "Greenlight", said in an upbeat positive tone!

Let me explain.

I was sitting in a coffee shop with a friend. Across from my table their was a young thirtysomething girl reading a book called GREENLIGHT by Matthew McConaughey. I had just recently looked him up on Wikipedia, so I was curious. I turned to the girl and asked hesitantly, "Excuse me, but I was wondering how you are liking that book?" 

Looking up at me she replied very nicely and openly, "I just got it, but it is talking about his childhood and moving along in life he wrote this book using his diary and stories. Each story has situations where he got the greenlight to move forward." Honesty of the success and failures which are yellow or red lights that eventually turn to GREENLIGHTS. 

Conversation took a turn to becoming deeper. I can't write it all it would be to long because I am sure the conversation was for a couple of hours. After giving her the reason for Jesus birth, death, resurrection-he sacrificial way He rescued us from death and brought us to life eternally.

 Sharing continued explaining choose life or death. God has given us eternal life and this life is in the son, he who has the son has life, he who does not have the son does not have life. Simple. No working toiling toward forgiveness, because Jesus came to set us from from works and brought us into a new life by believing and receiving Jesus Christ. 

We gave her a bible and she opened her heart to the understanding of what she had told her mom the week before meeting us, "Mom, I have been dreaming and thinking that we need to get back to our faith." Now she knows in a deeper sense of what Jesus was opening her heart to understand, we were the witness to confirm it, with a resounding, YES! YES! Choose life! Let the reading of the word wash over you and renew your mind, it is the instruction and food we need more than bread alone. We become new when we follow Him. With tears in her eyes we parted. She knew she had an encounter with the living Jesus who wanted to show her hope and love, I got to witness this eye opening experience. Her final words, "I guess I got the GREELIGHT!"

Go, go into the word.. Don't yellow, don't red, but green! Let the light guide you from this day forward. Let the Holy Spirit give you clarity. We prayed. It was so exciting to see my friend and my lunch prayer answered. Lunch prayer = Thank you for our food, bless this coffee shop and when people walk in they will sense the Spirit and desire the things of Jesus. Amen.

We gave her verses.

Psalm 139 which will confirm His direct attention God gives to those he created and wanted to be born. He just wants us to listen and see this truth.

Matthew 11:28 Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will show you real rest for your soul. Come walk with me, talk with me, learn from me for I am gentle and humble at heart. And you will find rest for your soul.

John 14:6 I am the way the truth and life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John the whole gospel.

Proverbs 2 seek the Lord like you would seek silver or gold (like a treasure) and then you will know the wisdom and understanding of God.

I am fully convinced God had her so ready to hear these truths and receive them.

Lord I pray for my new friend guide her protect, do not let the enemy have any way in her life or her families life. Guide her with your truth. Amen. ...

Friend open your heart to this truth and be set free from the tyranny of this world.

No comments: