Monday, December 17, 2018

VISIT FROM GABRIELLE

I thanked the young gentlemen for His kind gesture. He said, "My name is Gabe". Not realizing yet my response was, "You are like an angel." He gave me a handshake then kindly responded, "Gabrielle" and then he walked away. I stood astounded. I thought for a moment, then laughed out loud, crying out, "Gabrielle is an angel's name." God you counteract struggles with a rescue. You used Gabrielle to help me.

In this Christmas season where we are rejoicing, "Jesus the reason for the season!" I had just told the story of the birth of baby Jesus at a gathering. There I was standing in a crowded airport experiencing Gabrielle, (in a much smaller way, not the you are going to be pregnant way!) somewhat like Mary did. His message to her, "You are to have a son and name Him Jesus for He will save the people from their sin." Jesus! The name above every name.

My way:

Gabrielle's gesture as small as it was, lifted me out of despair to hope. I was giving up on my gloomy circumstance and then He appeared. I have heard it said that Jesus is playing chess with the enemy. It is a game of my life. The enemies stirs the pot of life with a struggle, full of despair, and then Jesus makes His move. He is the winner. Believe! Trust! Shine Jesus, Shine. Out of the darkness, Jesus shed light. He wins! The enemy makes a move and boy it looks like it is finished, but it isn't. God didn't make the struggle happen, but He sure helped me get through it.

He is my refuge and strength, ever present in my troubles. He appears to be saying to us this Christmas season. I am here. I am with you. Look, see, open your heart, mind and being to the baby.

Who do you think Jesus was? The angel said the Savior of the world? There was over 100 prophesy's  fulfilled in Jesus coming to save the world.
Come and see, adore and be ready.
Something is going to happen.
Something always happens with the Jesus.

Pray at all times, help, ask for trust, belief.
Mother Teresa was asked by brilliant ethicist John Kavanaugh, "Pray that I have clarity."
She said firmly, "No, I will not do that." Kavanaugh stated, "You always seem to have clarity." "I have never had clarity; what I have always had is trust. So I will pray that you trust God", she laughed and said.

"We ourselves have know and put our trust in God's love toward ourselves" (1John 4:16).

Angelus Silesius, "If God stopped thinking of me, he would cease to exist."

I get frantic with perfectionism in this season. My stomach in knots to complete the shopping, baking and house decorating.

I remember:
My once nine year old daughter tugging at my apron, "Mom, Christmas is about Jesus." Out of the mouth of babes. Wisdom!

But on my own I keep racing around frantic. It takes reading His words. "Elaine (liberty for me to put my name in the scripture), There is no need to be afraid; you are worth more than hundreds of sparrows" (Luke 12:6-7)

Then it happens! Hundreds of birds right out my window today. My attention is finally caught by my savior, "I got your back. You are valuable. Come to me." Grace upon grace arises a strength within me. I may not get it all done today, but I will certainly have peace, a peace I can't put words to.

Listen go out expecting. Expecting....I'm standing next to a older gentlemen buying a card...I hear him reading them out loud...I look up...I realize...he is looking for the Christmas message...I find just the right card..."For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:11) or Repeat the sounding joy...(inside of card) Wishing you blessings at Christmas and joy in the greatest gift *Jesus*! Perspective. We are friends in Jesus. We resound this joy of our soul together and then part with MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Soul activated!

I look up. My mind renewed, I do not have to have this, this and that done. It is now...in the full knowledge of Jesus...a freshness in my soul...I will walk out of here tasting, seeing the feet and hands of Jesus. I talk about Him, I put the membrance of Him first and foremost in my head. When temptation arises...I ask...I confess...I want...to be walking in peace.

I did...I am...with Him.

Walk today expecting peace, you do not have to have it all figured out. Pray.

No comments: