Friday, January 22, 2021

GOING FOR A JOY RIDE

The timing of the old cards that I sent to my then boyfriend in High School (now my husband of 36 years) happen to show itself. Wink! Wink! As I began to look through them I observed,

1. the artist design or signature style, the words they use to endear us the recipient of the card.

2. my sediments written in the card.

3. me trying to picture myself where I was at the time, what I was talking about. A examination of myself growth. (Menopause brain is not going to help me with the answer remembering)

4. I am questioning my affection for notes and sometimes heartfelt, gushy sentiment. 

I don't know about you, but over the years as I skim over my life I find clues of lost dreams or even dreams started that I did not realize were even the starting of dreams. This is one of those moments. I know this because I prayed for ideas of what to do at this time. Lord fill me with focus and purpose. I remembered that I got an order to make some of my art cards. And then the cards of my younger years appear. I must be confident that this is the path started long ago and is coming to pass. Not, sure what that is all about, but for sure time will tell.

 One thing after another doesn't make sense. Things continue and there seems no change or you turn a corner and there is disappointment and things did not happen the way you REALLY thought they would or should go. You ponder.

I feel as the virus continues to challenge us where to go, what to do and there seems a glimmer of light squeaking through and maybe a bigger light will pour in. The bigger light is a wish that things would go back as it was, but it just ain't happening. Yah, I wrote ain't, kind of with a little disgust.

Been going through Philippians, which I came to discover is divine, because Paul's journey of joy is expressed to the people of Philippi.

Paul finds JOY over the proclamation of the gospel, JOY IN GOSPEL PROCLAMATION.

Paul finds JOY in being a servant of Christ and setting an example to the people of Philippi He dreams about the bliss of being with Jesus one day, yet, for then he remained. Strong words express it is necessary for him to remain in the body. His strong convictions, "I will continue with all of you for your progress and JOY in the faith. He has a pep rally -"Through my being with you again your JOY in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me Philippians 1:26." 

Yes, a little arrogant of Paul, but yet to me it is refreshing, because his convictions of his calling confirms he woke up, saw, believed, listened continued to please God and seek to put Him first. 

We could cry out asking, "Who is worth of this calling, to fulfill the work of this time?" Let's ask God how to participate or fit in God's plan. Sometimes I want the manual of the future to be written so I could read and do what it says, but that is not how God works. 

The JOY comes in the anticipation and trusting! Truly, do we believe that. 

Let's pray for the times and our daily answers and abilities to, "What do I do today? Let me follow the JOY!"

The word for the year, "Joy"! It encapsulates me! It challenges me to look! Look for my sweet Jesus. To listen for my sweet Jesus. It is a fine tuning time, but in my schedule it has been far to long. Yet! I am realizing, this dependence and waiting is the "Joy"! The joy in which I am told to have in sweet Jesus.

My sighting was completed yesterday when I got this bracelet in the mail. A sweet friend, whom I invited to get on this JOY RIDE with me, sent it to me! You see JOY changes you once you choose it and you can not go back! Well you could go back, but most assuredly God is starting a revolution, just as Paul did. Paul made a decision to stand by the Philippians, with full conviction he wrote the letters to pull them out from temptations to go back. 

Church wake up! We have to be there for each other. Once someone joins the ride we can't let them go. We have to ask God for the strength to love, follow, see, listen, understanding-so we can help each other. It's with JOY that we proceed.




No comments: