Sunday, January 24, 2021

JOY RIDE, JOY JOURNEY, COME ON IN, JOIN JOY

 The pandemic! The pandemic! To remain in it stuck for one more moment! Ugh Right?

The election and all the division! The election and all the arguments and sides taken! Dissension!

I got a facebook message it's title, "Understanding What is Happening in America: A Christians response"!

Really there are people out there trying to figure out the truth! 

The article tries to explain the above things we need to understand. It's a lot to take in! I sat as I read it wondering, if I am going to understand this It would be like a full time job, at least for me.

I have been following some since the pandemic started, that means since March of 2020 and I am now at January of 2021. That's 10 months of my life. Is this my job? Am I getting paid to figure this all out with my limited mind and resources and social media and main stream news? No!

I got a prayer box from a friend for Christmas. I have gotten them before and regifted them (sorry who every got one from me) because I thought, if I do this box I would be participating in a some kind of new age hoax, I write the prayer and it gets answered...voila! 

But this time as I looked at the box I began to see the holy benefit of doing the prayer box. So every thought that is a question in my head I wrote to God. I included my confessions and my intercessions. I felt a sense of release. Like I really gave it to God and said, "Here please deal with these or at least help me make some sense." 

A release! Do you need a release? From the moment we become Christians we talk our talk with are friends in Christ, "I gave it to God, I'm trusting God with it (the it being my concerns)." Then we proceed to hold each other accountable so we don't take back the control. You know the game, right, I don't have to explain the give and take back game we act in the flesh.

The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! Listen! This box worked because when I think the thought of one of those prayers I begin to take it back and then it happens...I picture the box, the paper and I say to myself....you gave it to Him. 

In the past months I have been praying for things and then citing when it is answered (most likely the way I want it to, right, wink, wink) I will move on. Well the pandemic, the division in our country, my cough... is not gone away yet! So what next! Then the verse came...the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE AND PEACE Romans 8:6b.

Friends we can't keep waiting, trying to get what is going on. That is a full time job. For me I am asking what can be my reason to get up, a focus, a project with God. Fill my mind with you Jesus, things from above. Focus! it's the the hard thing for me now. My husband calls jumping around to all the information whirling around, "Squirreling". Like a squirrel I'm unfocused.

The remedy oh God, the remedy for my worried sick soul!

In a word...God changed the atmosphere and began to create. That is where I will begin. In a word each fabric of our earth and sky appeared and you know what...it was good, very good.

My word for the year "Joy"! The adventure of it all! I am wired for adventures, It's in my DNA or personality...at least that is what the test results of my personality test say! How do I go on this ride in the Spirit? I was dreaming this ride...seriously...I saw the free spirit within me come out for the ride. The ride led by the flesh will be confusing, dreadful...feel like death. That matches up with scripture...living according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what the nature desires, but those who live accordance with the Spirit  have their minds set on what the Spirit desires Romans 8:5.

Life would be better being led by the Spirit. As I slept and dreamed all this, I saw I came to an intersection where I can merge with the Spirit and the ride begins. The Joy Ride! Being led by the Spirit. Laying down my desires and letting Him lead. 

I saw myself on a train, playful, childlike, the boxcar window open wide, it is a beautiful day, son/sun out, not a cloud in the sky, the temperature is perfect, my head out of the window, my hair blissfully flowing in the wind, joyfully saying, "Come on in! Climb aboard! The ride will not always be easy but the crowd and the leader will see us through! Let's go! Are you coming?"

I was grabbing my art supplies as the idea for this art project grows, and a 2019 calendar fell out amongst my stuff. Why did I keep it? The art design is exactly the style of the picture I had in my head of myself going along in the train. I giggle! So perfect!

It gives me confidence, I can do this! Admittedly, I had been giving time to understanding the above, what's going on America stuff, and the battle was real, but this time I stopped, put down my phone, and asked myself, what do I choose? I choose, Joy!

For all those trying to figure it out, I am not trying to say you are wrong, I am saying for me to glance but figure it all, is not going to happen, things are changing daily and I can't wait anymore. (It being the world troubles) The Spirit has a better plan. I simply ask you to write your desires down and pray over them. Getting at an intersection of my way vs. Spirit's way is a good place. I am praying that I will lean on Him and stay on His path. 

I am reminded of the world crisis's. Age old stories of change and agendas, even wars vying to destroy the plan of God for us. Review biblical history and then our American history or even world history and you will see the challenge-follow the Spirit. Put God as your first love. When a country, king, leader does not do that...it is trouble. I didn't say that...God said it. The verse in Romans explain it.

Without Christ...it's impossible.

So a Christian response run to Christ...Christ represents true JOY!

I looked up JOY in my concordance and will begin in the begin and move forward. Where is joy used in the bible. I will let you know how this unfolds.

I designed a doodled picture of the me or others in a train car riding, yelling, "Come on In." Joy to the world is Jesus. He will be my way to 2021, how about you?

Can others join in on the Joy ride? I hope you do! I will send you personal train car. All I ask is you for you to look up verses of Joy in the bible daily. There are over 400 and then in you journal begin to record and pray what these verses mean to you and how they translate for you today. My prayer is that this will help you focus for 2021. Every time you start to fret. Think did I look up my verse for today. You can google Joy bible verses. Go one at a time. Let me know how you are doing. If you start seeing joy catch phrases or joy articles, anything. Share them with me. I am making a photo album of them.

No comments: