Tuesday, March 7, 2023

RUN FOR THE HILLS

 englishstockexchange.com 1889 Johnstown PA, when a dam burst causing one of the deadliest floods in the U.S. history. 

They yelled run for the hills! They also said, "Run for your lives!'

If you are defending territory, it's usually better to be on high ground.

Trying to get people out of the path of the flood, which naturally followed the valley.

I have been known to state, "Go to the throne before the phone." But I also want to include, "Go to the throne before every bit of advice, social media, person."

I guess this day and age the phone includes contacting people, social media and pretty much any bit of information at your fingertip.

But I have heard we go for advice and the advice back is reading a book.

Friends, if we have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, why can't we pray about parenting, marriage, relationship issues, grief etc. and find comfort from Jesus? 

Advice is quick! It's like a band-aid. Quick-fix!

I can't say it from experience enough, getting to know Jesus, walk and talk and learn from gentle, humble Jesus is best. It takes time. Truly I say to you that I have learned it takes time clarifying. Clarity is scripture, experience and filtering the difference in voices. Good vs. bad. Did that voice come from truth or impulsive, imagination? All good questions when trying to clarify or get clarity.

Bless you friends!

Pray I am running to you Jesus. Help me to clarify! Amen.

Read Psalm 121!



No comments: