Thursday, March 9, 2023

Safety Act

 "My safe place, my hide away, my constant, my shelter, my oxygen", is part of the lyrics in Lauren Daigle's new song just released.

"Where would I be if I don't know you? Thank God I do!", the chorus in the song, Thank God I do.

It causes me to to reflect. At least that is what the song is doing to me. It's exposing my inner self, raw, vulnerable part and it resonates with me to yell out, "Yes, Lauren I agree! Thank God I Do!

Yes to all the times this blog has shared my God sightings. Walking and talking  with the Lord is the best choice. 

Yesterday I wrote, "Run for the Hills". I have been rereading a great allegory called, "Hinds Feet On High Places"

Much Afraid, the main character, walks a winding, ascending, descending, twisting, complicated road to get to a place on a mountain where she finally senses a confidence in the Good Shepherd, the lesson to be learned.

I remember reading the book for the first time. My insides identified with Much Afraid, the people, relatives, nature, everything she encountered on the journey. Beautiful! So beautiful! Hard, yes!, but so worth it.

Jesus is better than any food says King David (by the way I agree with David), better than any job I have (being a wife and mom is high up there! But I'm not talking about works that come by faith), better than talking with a therapist and venting. All of this is temporary. Lasting is Jesus. Reading a passage of His words really does accomplish. Accomplish, peace, calmness, rest, assurance. Remember God can be interrupted at any moment 24/7. I believer that is glorious and I am so thankful. I can be taxing!


No comments: