Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Over the Price

Dear Friend:

I was watching the game show called “The Price is Right” with my grandma in the elderly home this morning. The game called “Over the Price” was being played. In the game the contestant has to stop Drew when the price of the Mustang car she could win, was over the price of the car. So she yelled when she thought the price was over the price and indeed it was so she won the Yellow Mustang. (cute car) She was jumping up and down with excitement and could not stop hugging Drew.

I was reminded at the moment that just a little before the game show started that I read a devotion to my grandma. It was entitled “God Loves You.” The devotion had a verse that we are all familiar with John 3:16 for God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He (even) gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to , relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Let’s say you were on a game show and they said you would win eternal life if you believe in the amount that was paid is over the price. Now let’s get creative here. Jesus is the prize. They begin to flash things if you believe it is over the price stop me and I will tell you if you the truth. If you are correct, you get the prize. So getting a free meal is that price too much for God? That really is not over the price. Next choice you have is “a new house.” Is that over the price for God? You say keep going. How about a car and business with all the money you need, is that too much for God to pay for your eternity? You say to Drew “keep going.” The next option is Jesus being led to a five hour torture and then being hung on a tree. Is that price too much for God? You yell out,” that is over the price.” Drew checks with the judges and you win!!! You win eternity for God because you know he did pay the price and you know he did it for you and it is over the price. But God says “nothing is too much for you.” He says “I went over the price for you. I took what meant the most to me and gave it for you.”

God went over the top for you! Do you really get that? I really get it and it makes me want to cry. Why? Death is such a high price to pay for my eternity and your eternity, do you really understand what I am writing to you? If you are saying yes, pray this prayer with me.

Father in heaven you went over the price for me! Thank you. I don’t deserve this free gift, but I receive the fact that that is how you wanted it. Bless you Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

JESUS WAS DEATH WAS OVER THE PRICE FOR YOU AND ME. OH WHAT A GOD WE SERVE.

Receiving a gift I don’t deserve,
Elaine

No comments: