Sunday, October 12, 2008

Untidy Josephs

Dear Friend:
The last time I wrote to you I talked about “Sloppy Joes.” I got a letter back from a friend and it said her Mom always called them “Untidy Josephs.” So my challenge is to come up with a Heart 2 Heart and use the title “Untidy Josephs.”
When I think of Joseph, I do go right away to the story where the famous play called “Joseph and Amazing Techno-Color Dream Coat” came from. Whenever I read the story I always think of how long Joseph had to wait for the blessing and purpose God had for his life. He went from his brothers abusing him, being sold to slavery, falsely accused by Potipher’s wife and imprisonment. After years and years of all this nonsense he finally was given what God promised him. What was that? Favor from the king to help run a country. Truly, an amazing story

Genesis 50:17 the trespass of your brothers and their sin, for they did evil to you. Now, we pray you, forgive the trespass of the servants of your father’s God. And Joseph wept when they spoke thus to him.
50:19-21 and Joseph said to them, Fear not; for am I in the place of God? As for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about that many people should be kept alive, as they are this day. Now therefore, do not be afraid. I will provide for and support you and your little ones. And he comforted them and SPOKE TO THEIR HEARTS.
Joe’s life may have been untidy at times, but in the end God used all of it to teach each brother and Joe himself and the future generations. How is God using your life to express his power and grace in your life and your children and their children? We can be used in good and bad and all for our Lord.

Let’s pray: Thank you for my life. Thank you for guiding me through life. It may be untidy but I am so glad you are part of my life. Continue to guide my days with wisdom and understanding. Give me a heart to speak to people’s hearts. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Speaking to your heart.
Elaine

No comments: