Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Job Offer

Moses said to the Lord, “O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue. Exodus 4:10

Dear Friend:

Imagine if an owner of the company came to you and proposed a job for you and you responded as above? If the statement above was not bad enough look at the next statement Moses said.
But Moses said, “O Lord, please send someone else to do it.” Exodus 4:13

God knows everything about you and me. Do you not believe that? God says he knows every hair on your head. He knows if we are qualified for a job.

If you are a praying person and waiting on God for answer for things going on in your life. Stop, picturing the way he should answer it and start just responding to what is in front of you. God is lavishing wisdom on you and wants to help. Pray, wait, respond.
It takes courage to do what God is putting in front of you. It also takes courage to continue going when things seem difficult. Here are some quick things I counted up about Moses’s job:
Moses asked Pharoah “to let the people go and worship” 8 times.
God hardened Pharoah’s hearts 18 times
Pharoah asked Moses “to pray to stop the plagues” 6 times.
Pharoah said “he would let the people go” and changed his mind 6 times.
What a hard time Moses had with Pharoah.
God cast a vision starting with Abraham, saying “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” Genesis 12:2-3 Did you know from Genesis through Exodus ( that ‘s Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses) he repeats this promise 23 times. Now that is reassurance for life.

Let’s pray: Father in heaven things are hard right now. Thank you for the testimony of our faith fathers. Help me to trust you because you are so trustworthy. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

So got any job offers lately? Things seem difficult and not clear? God will see you through it ALL!

Listening to God,
Elaine

No comments: