Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stress Reliever

The Priestly Blessing –Numbers 6:22-27
22 The LORD said to Moses, 23 "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 " ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '
27 "So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them."
Dear Friend:
This Priestly blessing was written right after Moses received the ten commandments. Aaron and Moses were receiving all sorts of instructions regarding the Priestly duties. The Lord instructed them to pray and say to the Israelites this blessing.
I use this blessing in the nursing home all the time. I find it refreshing and reassuring. In these uncertain times it is refreshing to hear from God that he will keep you, be gracious to you and give you peace. A bit of a stress reliever, I would say!
Pray with me: Father in heaven thank you for keeping me , blessing me, being gracious to me and giving me peace. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Being Blessed,
Elaine

No comments: