Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mama Mia

Romans 12:1 (place your life before God) So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work/school, and walking-around life-and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit in to it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. (THE MESSAGE)

Dear Friend:
The song from Mama Mia written by Abba called “TAKE A CHANCE ON ME” is really appropriate words for my message today. Here they are in case you don’t know them.
If you change your mind, I’m the first in line
Honey I’m still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you’ve got no place to go, if you’re feeling down
If you’re all alone when the pretty birds have flown
Honey I’m still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best and it ain’t no lie
If you put me to the test, if you let me try
Take a chance on me
(that’s all I ask of you honey)
Take a chance on me

“SERIOUSLY,” the Lord says! The downturn of our economy and the deterioration of family should be enough for us to “TAKE A CHANCE ”on Jesus? Oh Mama Mia, the Lord is crying! This is not a message of FEAR, no this is a message of HOPE. Hope from Jesus! You say what hope? Hopefully God has your attention and He wants you to pray like this.
Heavenly Father you are our hope and salvation. Grant me the power to say NO to ungodliness and Yes to you. Forgive me when I did not stick up for family values and say no. Father bring down the ministering angels to help us break this cycle of fear. I pray that you attack the spirit of fear over all those have the financial ability to make changes for our economy. Father direct the thoughts of those in charge of these decisions and release the wisdom they need to turn this around. In Jesus name. Amen.
No Fear,
Elaine

No comments: