Thursday, February 19, 2009

Seriously

Proverbs 16:20
It pays to take life seriously; things work out when you trust in God.

One of the first duties of a rational being is to inquire seriously why he was created, and what he is to do to answer the purpose of his creation. (American Dictionary Noah Webster 1828)

Dear Friend:

I was picturing myself texting you the word “seriously.” I don’t know if you notice how much our youth say this word today. I can count it when they talk sometimes 5 times or more in a conversation. Consider how much you use this word or much someone else uses the word.

Are you finding out what God has to say and taking it “seriously?” Do you listen to what others are “seriously” asking you to believe? It can be random conversations but we listen and take it “seriously.”

Let’s pray: Father in heaven your word says it pays to take life seriously; help me to trust you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Seriously,
Elaine

No comments: