Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day?

Dear Friend:
I was thinking today about the tradition of Mother’s Day.
So I did what everyone does with a question and googled “When did Mother’s Day begin?” I got this website http://www.chiff.com/a/mothers-day-history.htm
It was very interesting to read that in 1908 mothers were honored in church services. As you read through the article you will find that it was never intended to be a hallmark holiday. In 1914 President Woodrow Wilson declared that Mother’s Day should be celebrated as a national holiday on the second Sunday in May.
God is speaking to each of us today to honor our Mother’s. Tell your mom you love her! Even if you are having a hard time with your mom, maybe you can think of a good time and write her a short note. Better late than never! If you recently have lost your mom, try and just reflect on some good moment and then continue the day with celebrating other love relationships in your life.
ENJOY LONG LIFE ON THE EARTH. –GOD-
Pray with me: Thank you Jesus for loving me. That love is so special. Help me to love others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
A day of grace,
Elaine

No comments: