Friday, May 29, 2009

Wrestle or Rest?

WE CRY “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY LORD
GOD OF POWER AND MIGHT
HEAVEN AND EARTH ARE FULL OF YOUR GLORY
HOSANNA IN THE HIGHTEST!”

Dear Friend:
This is the sacred song playing in my head lately. As I am sleeping the words come to my mind and as I am awakened in the morning. This heart cry replaces all the daily thoughts that race through my mind.
Proverbs 4:25
Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
The whole chapter of Proverbs 4 is a good reminder of how important it is to a child of God to walk by His word.
The heart cry above is very close to the verse in Revelation that is quoted by John. John’s vision of heaven and what He saw the elders and all living creatures crying out is:
Revelation 4:8 Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
Sometimes you hear Christians say “I hope He is returning soon.” I guess my mind is already preparing for the one and only Jesus to come back. If it helps me, I am praying it helps you.
Pray: HOLY, HOLY LORD GOD OF POWER AND MIGHT HEAVEN AND EARTH ARE FULL OF YOUR GLORY HOSANNA IN THE HIGHTEST! In Jesus name. Amen.
Why wrestle with your thoughts? When God can give you rest. Wrestle or Rest?
Resting,
Elaine

No comments: