Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Work-Out High

Dear Friend:

Hey going to the gym today! I’ll be sure to have my membership card , proper work –out clothes,
focused attitude and the reason why I even go, because sometimes it just is not fun or something I look forward to. Here is my list of reasons why I go to the health club:
1. My mind-gets those endorphins going. The work-out high. (some call it the “ Runner’S High)
2. My weight-keep my weight down.
3. Look good/feel good.
Can you relate?
On the flip side! This morning I don’t want to even go out of the house without taking one more thing with me. My personal trainer and for me that is the Lord Jesus Christ. Why would I want to accomplish anything in my day without Him being a part of it? He is why I even breathe at times. On some days I grab just a protein bar (need that boost), but most importantly if time is a constraint I grab a verse and go. Here is mine for today.
1 Corinthians 2:5
so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

I can’t rely on the work out and protein bar to be the source that will give me the mental power to endure life. This simple reminder helps me to remember to pray for faith so the power of God will rest on me to get through the day.
Pray with me: Father in heaven forgive me for leaving you home and not taking you with me at times. Thanks for your word that gives me a gentle boost for the day. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Keeping fit,
Elaine

No comments: