Sunday, May 10, 2009

Organic

John 15:8 (The Message)
5-8"I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you're joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can't produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.
Dear Friend:
I came across the verse from above and the word organic struck me. Organic food: Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals. I really enjoy when we order a cow from a butcher and the meat is organic. Wow! What a difference in taste and how you feel after you eat it.
God is calling us to an “organic” relationship with Him. The definition of organic is: Simple, healthful, and close to nature: an organic lifestyle. Trying to live more organic takes time. But the fruit from it is much better for all of our relationships and our health.
So in these days trying to go “Green,” we must add go “Organic.” God wants to have this tender time with us daily. If we don’t, we produce the opposite of organic. We produce dead wood that gets burned up easily.
Let’s pray: Father in heaven when I am organic with you I know it gives me a harvest that is abundant. On my own I can’t produce a thing. Help me Lord daily to spend time with you. Thanks God for being patient with me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Organic,
Elaine

No comments: