Sunday, April 11, 2010

Eyewitness

1 Corinthians 16:13 be on your guard, stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Dear Friend:

This is a good time to remember that Jesus died for you and me to free us of our sin condition. I like to reread the account of it in scripture and imagine the characters in the story. Reflecting on Jesus suffering and death is ginormous. But after his death the eyewitnesses go back home and continue their lives. I can only guess that first they rested and tried to comprehend what happened. We know Jesus rises from the dead and spends days with those close to him, but then he leaves again.

God appeared to some before he left earth and gave them words to remember Him and live by. They after all were going to be have to keep Jesus alive and pass His words on to the next generation. There was fear I am sure. If they kept the story going they would be killed next.

The verse above is strong words for you and me to keep going on and do things in love. The world wants to distract us and keep us from making sure our true meaning for life is kept alive. The struggle herein lies to fight against the evil that wants us all to be politically correct. The eyewitnesses of Jesus time probably had the same pressure on them. I appreciate the verse of the day and it encourages me. Don’t let the Easter message die. We must recount the past, as hard as it maybe, to continue for our next generation.
Let the Lord speak to you today:
Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be men and women of courage, be strong. Do everything in love. –GOD-

Let’s pray: Thank you Lord for the cross. It was a powerful act of love for me. Help me to carry on in the faith, with courage, strength and love. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Looking at the cross,
Elaine

No comments: