Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quiet Life

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 11Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
Dear Friend:
It is so hard to live a “Quiet Life”, isn’t it? This verse is a great reminder of how to live a quiet life. We choose daily whether we will complicate it or make it simple. God wants you to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, mind our own business and work so others will respect you and see the Jesus in you.
If you keep living in the past and remembering how others have hurt you, that keeps your mind in a place to remain a victim. You are expecting others to make you happy. That means you are people dependent rather than God dependent.
Today, try and make it your ambition to move forward and lead a quiet life independent of others. I think that is a really healthy way to live.
Let’s pray: Father in heaven, help me to make it my ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind my own business and to work with my hands, just as you have told me. I want my daily life to win the respect of outsiders. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!
Keeping it simple,
Elaine

No comments: