Monday, March 30, 2015

BLOWN AWAY


He has risen! He has risen indeed!


"So the community of the Lord will not be like sheep without a shepherd." Before leaving earth Moses was asking the Lord to appoint a leader for the people.

I remember when I was in my late twenties. I was lost. I was searching for meaning for my life. I wanted someone to help me. When I picked up my bible and read these words "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." I was blown away! I was discovering that I needed Jesus to be the center of my life. I was lost and now I was found. In my weak and lonely state I knew I was loved and not alone. 

As I grew in my faith I understood as Moses understood that everyone on earth was created with a need for a shepherd. A good shepherd desires is to lead, protect and care for every one of his sheep. Moses was such a great leader that he did not think about himself. His concerns was for the people that he was called to lead. 

Easter is a time to reflect on God's final loving sacrifice when he brought his son to earth and let him die on the cross for you and I. 

I cannot say it enough, God's grace "blows me away."
God in his infinite love held out his hand and beckons us to Him with the deepest desire to lead us. You no longer need to be a stray sheep.


Look at the cross this Easter and know how much Jesus loves you. As you pray for others to know Jesus personally you will be blown away of how God answers your prayer.  Never give up praying for each person to know Him.

Prayer:  Jesus thank You for being my good shepherd. I pray for ____________(name the people) to discover that You can lead them too. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

I find it hard to not get submerged in Easter from the stand point of cooking, cleaning and picking out trinkets for my grandson. While I prepare I think of family time, each of us sharing and enjoying all that God provided for us.  I picture us singing in church “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” where we will be submerged in the story and glory of God.

Have a blessed day!

Love from above,

Elaine James

No comments: