Thursday, March 26, 2015

HEAD TALK

Ever wake up thinking of a conversation you had with someone yesterday and your mind starts to rehash it? You wish you should have said this... You could have said this....

The day continues and the conversation keeps playing in your mind. If I ask you "How many hours did you waste on that "head talk" what would your answer be? Come on be honest. One hour. Two hours. Maybe 6 hours. You have no energy at the end of the day and it was not caused from any physical work. It was all mental.

I have done this. I say this to myself over and over. Jesus has the power to help me when I cannot help myself. Asking others to pray for me helps. A gentile whisper came this week with this verse.

“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41 NIV).
God reminded the apostles how powerless they were. Yet he knew there was a willing heart. Jesus was getting ready to go to cross. He reminded them no matter how much he prepared them. There was still going to be some weakness.
After that scripture came to me then this one:
"fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart" (Hebrews 12:2-3 NIV).
Thanking God for the cross lifted my spirits and restored my strength to carry on.

Shame began to set in but God rescued me from that with this verse:
"for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29 NASB). Irrevocable. Ahh,  IT'S FINAL, no changing His mind! Love that.

God loves us so much. He really has a plan. Let him fight the fight for you.

For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay, and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:30-31 NIV).
If we could all Skype each other at the end of the day and just share quickly; how we saw God's power through a song, life experience or scripture I know it would be powerful. 
"Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts" (Colossians 3:16 NIV). 
Ask God to reveal a psalm, hymn or song. Songs come to me lately (it appears from nowhere) but I know the Spirit put it there.When they come I just keep singing in my heart until the "Head Talk" stops.


Prayer: Dear Father I was tempted to jump into the pit of despair. You caught me before I leaped. Your word never goes out void. Please give me a psalm or song. You are faithful. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: