Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SPRING. BREAK.






Dear Friend:

Spring. A time to go outside. Take a break.
Whenever I am outside I look and listen to the birds. I listen and rejoice with them as they sing glory to God on high. We worship together.
Now I don’t start singing. You can stop imagining that. But I close my eyes and just listen. Focus on their sound. I love it.


New thought.

My daughter was telling me how she was teaching a high school group about the “Lion King.” The character Simba he was so sweet, cute and curious the son of the king.  He was warned by the king not to wander off into another land but his curious mind could not be quieted and he went. He encounters trouble and miraculously escapes. If you don’t know the story you should know that Simba goes back and is reconciled with the king. A story similar to the prodigal son in scripture.

Have you wandered away from God? Do you remember a time that you were away? I wander just with my thoughts. I let my imagination of what if…or I could…I should…get me lost. When my sentences start with those words I’m like “You are wandering, wandering away from the king.”  Then I am gently reminded that he is truth. Truth sets me free. I begin to pray “Father help me to understand what is your perspective.” The thing that is hard is sometimes at that moment He can’t show me the perspective or answer because time has not passed for the circumstance to unfold  yet. Of course months later I am like “Oh I get it now.”

I am sure your saying “dah it does take time. It will be revealed.” But think about when you are at the beginning of things and things are unknown. It is hard! Isn’t it?

There is so many scriptures that guide us to what are better thoughts to think. I could quote Philipplians 4:8 and be like “Just do what it says!” Right?
Instead I prefer to forgive myself for wandering and I ask you to forgive yourself.
I chose this verse from the story of the prodigal son “ for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began. (Luke 15:24 NLT).”

God designed us to pursue holiness. He transforms. He forgives.

Let us enjoy the Spring and spring forward in time and forgiveness. Truly we need a spring break.

Blessed be the days of the Lord!

Elaine

No comments: