Friday, March 27, 2015

POOF

I was driving down a rural road in Nebraska the scenery was peaceful as I looked around anticipating seeing a deer, cows or pheasants and sandhill cranes on the side of the road. Then it happened. The roads for the most part were empty till I got stuck behind another vehicle. I forgot about the beauty at my sides and just kept persistently trying to get around the vehicle. This time however "poof" it popped in my mind "Stop letting things in life knock you out."

That's what I have done in life. I get wrapped up in other things and I lose my joy. Distracted. Tied up. Frustrated. I'm stuck! It happens so fast in life. We lose sight and our joy is gone. I was feeling pretty good and poof, it's gone.


I don't have all the answers but I know that time I ran to God and learned to roll with the punches I didn't get knocked out. I was proud of myself. It freed me up and helped me to enjoy my time away from home.

Joshua 1:9 “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (NLT)

No comments: