Sunday, May 31, 2015

LESSONS LEARNED

Anticipation of my upcoming trip was mounting. What I mean the packing and getting ready was getting to me. A whirlwind of continuous second guessing, questioning myself. "Did I pack the right clothes? How about the shoes? How about the right toiletries?" You must stop this crazy questioning. Pray. Ask God to help you. I'm struggling in the trusting myself with these decisions.

Are you like everyone else in my family saying "It's a vacation. It's gonna be fun no matter what. Cool it! It will be fine!" Will it be fine? 

Don't they get it? I want to get it right! I don't want to be stressed out about packing. Yet I am.
Why is this happening?

When I finally get quiet enough to listen. I realize that I am being a perfectionist. That I am being controlling. I need to stop. Give myself a break. I may not always get it right but it really does work out. Really.

How do I make these thoughts go away?
Go for a walk.
Go read a book.
I also like to be grateful.
Like:
Thank you for the chance to go on a trip. Thank you that I have choices of things to wear. Thank you for family. Thank you for the chance to travel with family. Thank you for this great opportunity. 

Usually my anxiety deflates. How about you? How are you doing with things in your life that you are second guessing on? Things that you are questioning way to much?

No comments: