Sunday, May 31, 2015

MY DISCONNECT DAY

Dear Friend:

I, ____________, PLEDGE to myself and to my family, for which I stand, that for one day I will unplug it, power it off and shut it down, in order to look up and look around...

This is an advertising ploy put out by Cabelas's store. I use the word ploy because their name is attached and it is advertisement.

They have a website promoting Disconnect Day you can go to it at www.mydisconnectday.com

The pledge has a sign-up on line and I noticed it is nearing 15,000 people signed up.

If you remember how the schools adopted turn off TV days for the family. Maybe the schools will have a disconnect day for all electronics. If they do already, let me know.

My kids have gone to youth camp in the past and they were forced to give up their phones for the week. They realize how much they liked to disconnect.

Lately I have been intentionally finding times to turn-off my electronics. I have found that journaling has been more enriching. I now look forward to writing. It started with me putting my phone timer on. I set it for fifteen minutes per day. Sometimes starting with a timer works best. This is great quality time. It carries me through my days.

How about you?

Do you turn off your phone during your week? I mean to refuel. To find quiet and peace.

If you have not tried it, I hope you will consider trying it! You will look forward to those moments.

Putting away our electronic for meals and quiets times is important.


Disconnect.
Try it! You may like it!

Blessings,

Elaine

No comments: