Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REFLECTION

Do you meet people that say "God told me this and God told me that?"
You walk away feeling perplexed and feeling bad about your relationship with God.
Here's the deal.
We all have different gifts.
We all have different promptings from God.
Different experiences!
Is there a formula?
A way to conjure up these experiences?
No, no and no.

I asked God "Can you speak to me in a dream or vision or something? People have experiences with you. Can I?"

That night as I lay in bed I closed my eyes and just waited.
I saw myself above the earth. My eyes were roaming the earth. It was if there was a live video feed playing. But I saw the earth as desolate. Kind of dead. Trees dead. No healthy vegetation. No animals. Just void of all life. My eyes roamed over the plains, fields, mountains still no life. I saw brooks, lakes, oceans void of underwater creatures. In fact the sun was not shining. I saw a narrow passage of water moving through the earth, hills on each side and the water ran till it ended at the top of a cliff spilling over like a waterfall. At the bottom of the cliff where the water hit a waterway winded again cutting through the earth moving along. It did not move fast like a rapid, yet it did flow. As my eyes followed the water it ended at a cavern full of stone and high cliffs all around. I was above and instinctively my eyes moved to what was in the cavern. There was an alter and upon the alter was a baby. It was covered with a loin cloth and He was kicking and looking all around. No one was there. I was standing next to the baby. I touched the baby. The baby was calm and full of life. I felt so good about this amazing baby. The dream ended there.

I asked God "What was that?" This was my impression "We all must get to the baby. The baby Jesus. That is where new life begins."

Do you know that the next day I was reading in Jeremiah this:
I will weep and wail for the mountains take up a lament concerning the wilderness grasslands. They are desolate and untraveled, and the lowing of cattle is not heard. the birds have all fled and the animals are gone. Who is wise enough to understand this? The Lord said, "It is because they have forsaken my law, which I set before them; they have not obeyed me or followed my law. You can read on in Jeremiah 9:14 and on. The scripture explains more about what goes on in the land and what we should do but I love what the Lord says next. "Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: That they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight." -Jeremiah 9:23-24

This was the interpretation of my vision. The law God gave us no longer was working. We need the baby to fulfill the law. To help us to be reunited with God. To understand and be able to live right in the land. To have hope on earth and  for all eternity.

Let us boast about this truth and no other truth. That is why we were created. Everything else can not compare to what the baby Jesus brought to us. A gift...so we can be reconciled with God.;

Through God we again see the land restored.

Father In heaven help me to experience more of you today. Will you give me a dream or vision or verse of encouragement. I want to know you more. In Jesus' name. Amen.

After that experience, I did not feel weird ever for asking God for anything. The scripture helps us all to have confidence.
"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below,

In closing remember this as a word of caution. I have another story where God showed me never to want dreams, visions, miracles, signs, wonders more than you want Jesus. Never want those things more than sharing Jesus with others. We were created to glorify God in all we say and do. To share the good news everywhere, anywhere to those who want to know. That is why we were created. We must want Jesus and to share Jesus as our utmost high priority. Above all else. Everyone said "Amen."

No comments: