Saturday, May 9, 2015

MOTHER'S DAY

Happy Day to all!

Dear Friend:

It was nice to meet you recently at a Stonecroft meeting. I was your speaker. I hope you enjoy this note.

What a privilege it is to be a mom.

I know many of you know the special role of being a mom.

I love being a mom.

I pray you hug and adore all moms today.
I pray you hug and adore those who are struggling getting pregnant.

I struggle at this point in my life letting go of my adult children and finding my place in their lives. I have to trust God that he will show me the best way to communicate with them. This new role shifts and it can be difficult at times. I pray that I find my way through life with the focus that God gives me for this time.

Maybe you’re in my spot of letting go. I've been praying and asking "What's the right way to talk to them? What's the best words I should use? Lord, should I say anything? Lord, should I get involved? Lord, what should my expectations be? Lord, I want to bless my children how to I do that now? Lord, help me to respond righteously. Lord, help them to all get along, if there is something wrong help us to talk with love. Lord, lead us in this new phase of life always with the best intentions and care for one another." Then I pray for them to have marriages that are God honoring and that they would parent their children with Christ love and their children would respond to them with favor.

He will help us to find purpose in new tasks and everyday life.

I bought this t-shirt and wear it proudly "Don't Let Anyone Ever Dull Your Sparkle." People and circumstances can dull your sparkle.

I have been challenged lately to spark joy. Is everything I am saying and doing sparking joy for God and others.
We also need to have sparks of joy for ourselves to stay strong and healthy inside out. I'm not afraid to ask God to show me joy in the midst of the daily grind. His response to me might not be relief from back pain but a person calling out of the blue and their words are encouraging. Or maybe I have a Dr. appointment and the Dr. says "Well the good thing is...!" I'm always looking for the good so this is especially nice to hear. Or I run into someone who needs my prayer or they pray for me. Or maybe I’m able to share steps to making peace with God with someone. To me that is personal sparks of joy. My problem may not go away but I sense God is lifting me up. Do you know what I mean? 

I have read this book called "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo. The bottom line of the book is to  discard items in your home that don't spark joy any longer. The idea is having a house full of items that spark joy then you may feel lighter and happier. She has suggests going through your house hold each item one at a time in your hand and ask "Does this spark joy for me?" She has given helped people with addictions, stress related illness, obesity, anxiety, depression etc... by using this approach of tidying up your home.

There is so much in this world going on. Take the time to rest when possible.

May you find a spark of joy today!
Sparking Joy!
Elaine



She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

No comments: