Thursday, April 13, 2017

60 SECOND LAINE-QUE SERA, SERA

As I stood on the bridge and watched the two ducks float with the flow of the stream below me it occurred to me that they were not even trying to resist the flow, they just peacefully drifted. It all happened so fast because the stream was quite steady. I pictured in my mind the carnival days when I picked a duck floating in the little pool they had set up. They too just floated around a circle driven by a water pump that circulated the water. Also, the memory of me on a tube drifting down a lazy river, my feet up so I could go faster. All of this brought me peace. FLOWING! My mouth declared "Flow, I want to flow! God how do I flow?" My work, my ministry, my relationships....flow. This song pops in my head. Whatever will be will be by Doris Day (if you don't know who she is that makes me feel old) comes to mind right now Que Sera, Sera...Whatever will be will...the future is not ours to see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc

After seeing the ducks it has been my prayer to "Go with the flow."

That takes a little bit of faith and whole lot of trust.

Trust God from the bottom of my heart.

There use to be good size hill in my neighborhood that I grew up in. A street went down it. I would ride my bike 7-8 blocks from my house to get there and at the top I could not wait to lift my feet and soar down it! Or today there is a rather large hill at the Arboretum that I ride my bike down and I lift my feet and soar. The wind blowing my hair back and it feels so good. It's my happy place. I found it as a child and I find it now. Where is your happy place. A place to drift and let go. I have to trust and go for it and soar!

I'm kind of all over the place in this 60 second Laine but I think what God is saying to us today is some kind of invitation or beckoning himself to Him. When we find our happy spot it's like a sweet spot we can spend with Him. A place of rest and peace. Ask for refreshment so you build up a reservoir to "Go with the flow!"

Que Sera, Sera. If you aren't familiar with this old song click above and find your happy spot.

Whatever will be will be...the future is not ours to see.


No comments: