Friday, April 21, 2017

60 SECOND LAINE-LEGIT

I sat down to meet the funeral officiate and she began by saying I know your mom was a Christian and I have her bible and I will be honoring her legacy.

I could hardly breath. In my grieving I had not been able to start planning. But God did! The plans to honor my mom was already in motion. I did not have to do a thing. God had it all. The bible was read and her heritage was completely covered.

What a great gift. Sometimes God knows we don't even have to ask. He knew my heart. I had been praying that morning only for me. For me to be able to get up and go to the planning meeting. I just kept saying I can't do this. I can't see my that way.

Yet I sat there in the room with God determined to sense His peace. Determined to work this out with Him.

Blessed are those who are mourning for the will be comforted. (Oh God, how? How will I be comforted?) A promise of Jesus came to mind, "You can do anything with me." I quieted down and sat with that truth. I feel stronger and I can with You. I can were the words of my heart. I can with You. I can go with You. 

I went in the strength of the Lord. Everything was  okay but many more gifts were in store. Like the angelic peaceful disposition of my mom. Oh what a gift! Oh what a gift of the funeral officiate. I never would have imagined such a beautiful way to say good-bye till we meet again.

Please remember we grieve over many things in life and it is legit. It is the death of a job, empty nesting, end of a friendship or relationship, lost of bodily functions (that would mean we have to quit a sport or exercise), moving....you name it.

Remember God hasn't left you. He sees and knows it all.  He's is faithful to see you through it. He will do it!
You can do it with Him. LEGIT help is on the way!

No comments: