Tuesday, November 14, 2017

60 SECOND LAINE-I CAN'T FLINCH

Some days I need to be reminded who is in charge of the universe and that I am not on an island alone.  (Thank goodness, I'm not in charge.) Reflection: an essential tool for learning. I feel compelled to share what the Apostle Paul has taught the Philippians and I about the sovereignty of God. Philippians being one of the first churches Paul establishes in Europe was near and dear to his heart. He was longing to see them, yet he was imprisoned and standing trial in Rome. You know how precious and how excited you are to be around something you established.

Paul tells us to, "Stand firm, stand together, for the faith of the gospel, and have no fear" or in modern day words "Don't flinch!" Next he reminds us to go to the cross for this strength.
"God made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. He humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on the cross! Therefore God, exalted him to the highest place of honor (please don't miss this, JESUS is exalted to the highest place of honor) and gave Him the name that is above every name."

As I read this story,  I picture myself  going to the cross, kneeling, and bowing my head, I CAN'T FLINCH!
I am frozen (like Elsa, from the movie Frozen!) but it is peaceful. All of the healing I need in my body, mind, and soul occur there. I regain my vision for who God is and I am renewed, free to get up and carry on.

You may want to reflect...in a moment of silence...remember Jesus exalted to the highest place of honor(allow a minute or so to pass...perhaps reflecting on the cross...go to youtube.com and find the song At the Cross, Chris Tomlin...close your eyes and rest)

Now continue on praying as Paul prayed for Philippi:

I pray that my love will flourish and that I will not only love much, but well. Learn to love appropriately. I need to use my head and test my feelings so that my love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of :  bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God. Amen  (Phil. 1:9-11).

I have regained perspective. I can close for now with this:  Peace I leave you. Amen.

You really can't flinch at the foot of the cross, try it!




No comments: