Monday, September 15, 2008

Blockbuster

Dear Friend:

Do you know what the word blockbuster means? I googled blockbuster on my computer and Alpha dictionary.com came up with a definition written by Dr. Goodword. he came up with the meaning:
A stunning new and unexpected event or object that generates enormous sales or revenues.

So that is why a great movie comes out and generates a lot of enormous sales and then we get a “Blockbuster” movie.

I was doing patient visits at the hospital and sharing how God blesses us in so many ways. Whenever I share the blessing of God with others I always use it in the context of the original definition which means to be given favor by God. It reminds me of the times Jesus was returning to the Father in heaven and his last moment with the disciples. Luke tells us in chapter 24 that they were troubled and there were doubts in their minds. They had trouble believing who Jesus was and why he came. But Jesus in His great mercy opened their minds so they could understand the scriptures. He explained one last time that He came to die, conquer death and extend the grace and love of God to all. Finally he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

I have had trouble and doubt in my mind and that is a blocking. So I have come up with this question “what is blocking (my) your blessing.” It is my/our inability to believe that Jesus came and by his grace saved (me) us and left (me)each of us with the “Blessing” (favor) of God. Jesus is a “BLOCKBUSTER.” We need to pray more for those that are having their blessings, blocked. How I got to the word Blockbuster. I made up my own definition-the buster of our block is Jesus. Everyone needs Jesus the “Blockbuster.” Jesus left their presence. Yet they returned to their homes with great joy. They got supernatural joy! They could not come up with joy on their own strength. Jesus did that for them and he can do that for (me) us.
Jesus (Blockbuster)-one who brought a stunning event and it generated a lot of enormous revenue. (Revenue=blessing)

Let’s pray as Jesus did: Father in heaven open our minds so we can understand the Scriptures.
In Jesus name. Amen.

Looking to the Blockbuster,
Elaine

No comments: