Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eat Cake

Dear Friend:

Think of your favorite frosting on a cake. Frosting you crave! As you are thinking about it your mouth should be watering and you want some. Hmmm Good!
As you think about that let me tell you a funny thing happened to me in the grocery store today. I was standing in line and got to talking to this lady. She told me about her daughter and how she has had some hard times in life recently. The advice she gives her is “life is like a cake, the outside of the cake is the frosting which represents the earth and everything in all creation and sometimes that frosting is so good that we just eat that and forget about the cake. We sometimes don’t get to the cake which is God. We need to remember the cake is always there for us and won’t go away so take the time to eat the cake too!”

The Israelite had hard times in their lives especially when they were in slavery in Egypt. But this was their lament. Psalm 18:6 in my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
Through experience the Jews knew the struggles of life, but they also knew in distress that if they called up the Lord he would hear. Do you have that same assurance?

Look past the frosting of the earth and all it offers and remember the cake the middle the solid part. Don’t forget to “EAT CAKE” with the frosting.

LET’S PRAY: In my distress (list that distress) I call upon you Lord; to you I cry for help. From your temple you will hear my voice, and my cry and it will reach your ears. Thank you Father. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Eating the frosting and the cake,
Elaine

No comments: