Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Brag Book

Dear Friend:

I don’t know if brag books are out dated. You know the books that you can put photos of weddings, newborn grandchildren, niece, nephew etc. I know they have electronic ones now that you put in your purse or car and pull out with the newest photos of your recent vacation or fun event you attended. They are great aren’t they? Actually today our cell phones are the modern day brag books. My daughter at a recent Jonas Brother concert took pictures and video with her phone and now with a touch of a button she can brag about Nick Jonas.

I was praying this morning for you. I just sense God saying “push through this worldly stuff (whatever you have going on, selling a car, house, financial changes etc.) On the other side when it is done there are things waiting for you to do.” God is with you and will continue to direct your path. He is never going to leave you. You do not have to guess or imagine what the outcome will be, step by step as he leads you it will all come together. TRUST HIM!

May we experience Love and peace on this journey of faith. As the Lord uses all our lives for His glory through the process He gets all the glory we are in the school of seminary when it comes to our journey of faith and trusting God. Tell your great outcomes of God’s power as you walk because you will see the miracles of things only He can do. Get out your brag book or your electronic whatever and brag about Jesus and His marvelous works. Psalm 115:1 not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. He loves you very much. As my daughter said to me yesterday “everything happens for a reason (as I was getting a speeding ticket).” I thought, “ a ticket… there is a good reason why I got a ticket?” That does not make sense. Not everything makes sense. But GOD KNOWS. So as I am writing this I am making a mental note to pray for that officer.

I am thinking that I will not always know the outcome of that cops life, but if God connected us for a moment, I can surely pray for him.

Let’s pray: Father in heaven help me to see your glory through my daily life. I want to be able to brag about your marvelous works. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

I leave you with Jeremiah 9:23-24 written on a plaque on my desk saying “let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches. But, let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight.”

Blessings,

Elaine

No comments: