Monday, December 28, 2009

Peace Out

Dear Friend:

In the last few days I have enjoyed family, shopping and laughing a lot. The joy has come from a little assignment the Lord laid on my heart this past week. I picked up my bible and felt stirred to read the book of Hebrews. As the words lay before me and I read the continuous plan God had for all mankind. The writer, explained over and over the love message of God and the identity of Jesus.

I can’t explain fully the strength and peace that I got from the words. God’s word! My message comes with joy and energy to encourage you to read for yourself the word. It does not always work to just imagine from memory the story of Jesus. It is powerful to just read it! Even if you think you know what it says, something about reading it again! Ugh! I wish I could explain it! But just know that it renewed my strength and has given me joy and hope. It is the hope of today! Jesus came! But for us, He is coming back! It is our hope in the midst of these days. It is a bigger thing to come and bigger than our circumstances and bigger than our lives. The Israelites had the hope and it was fulfilled. Some got it and some did not. We have been able to hear the story and know it was true and now wait, wait in anticipation for His coming again.

I leave you with what struck me as I read this morning these actions of Moses. He left His life of luxury with Pharaoh the king. He looked up to the bigger things of life and chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time. Hebrews 11:25 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. Hebrews 11:26
What courage!
Let’s pray: Lord give me the courage, boldness, strength to look at your son Jesus as a greater value than things of life and fulfill what you have for me in the New Year. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

So as 2009 is behind us let approach 2010 with a NEW ATTITUDE!

Peace out,
Elaine

No comments: