Saturday, December 9, 2017

60 SECOND LAINE-DISTRESS SIGNAL

As she lay there in her hospital bed wondering what just happened.
She was having a great family day and then it happened.
Their van full of family, they were struck by a drunk driver.
In that moment, my friend didn't know what we know now. 
Surgery and rehab would continue for 6 months.

Distress!

He had a stroke! Next day, he leaves this earth!

Distress!

Jesus said to His disciples we will go up to Jerusalem and celebrate the Passover meal, one of you will betray me and I will suffer a criminals death, I will be crucified.

Distress!

I was having a serenity day. Everything seemed perfect. Drive to the beach, nice long walk. Lunch in a southern shanty. Bamm! A car raced out of a parking lot, right into my car.

Distress!

The woman in the crowd was just wondering, if only I can touch His cloak and then I will be healed. The suffering has continued 12 years.

Distress!

Send out the signal. We are hurting! It is everywhere. Pain, illness, lack of funds, lack of work!

Why, Lord why? You know everything Lord. Yet there at times is no warning!

Drop the why. Send out a signal. Summon some aid.

Jesus said in the garden (that fateful day) PRAY. HE said it three times. Pray. He warned the disciples yet their human reaction was what appears to be depression. They kept falling asleep. Curl up in bed, give into fear and distress. We feel as if we can't go on. We don't get it. 

Jesus...Remember. Remember what I have built within you. You will have pain. But I am here to help you. I warned the Faith Fathers, this side of heaven there will be no perfection. 

But be warned He said I am here, I remain in you if you remain with me. Trust me. 
Death did not hold me down.
I am bigger even than death.
I will shake up the earth.
You will survive.
You will find rest.
You will find peace.
I will walk with you.
I will never let go.
Amen and Amen again.
DO NOT BE DISTRESSED. I have given you all you need. Walk. Walk and learn from me.

PRAY:  Father I don't see this distress leaving but I will trust you. Teach me Oh Father, do what you can do. Only what you can do. Power from with on high.Amen.

No comments: