Wednesday, December 27, 2017

60 SECOND LAINE-DOWN TIME

"Let Down"
Feeling disappointed.
Disappointed the days we were looking so forward to; is done.
The day after Christmas it begins.
Friends, family return to their homes.

Underneath the tree is empty. The stockings are down. Actually it is time to take the decorations all down. It's a down time. Down time does not have to be sad time. 

"Down Time"
Rest.
Peace.
Mindfulness.
Self-care.
Self-love.
Gratefulness.

Dr. Suess had a great saying, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."

The Psalmist wrote, "Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God-soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God (Ps. 42:11).

Look closely. Think about the gifts each day brings. 
This white board and the words are a gift from my husband.
My warm house is a gift.
Sitting having a cup of coffee is a gift. 

Make your list each day. Being grateful will help the blues disappear.
One day at time.

Can you hold out your hands and give the "Let Down" to God and ask Him to help you see this time is "Down Time". 

Prayer:  Help me to make a list of things to be grateful for. Help me see them as gifts from you. Help me to find value in this down time. Amen.

Down time is not sad time at all. It is time practice gratefulness.

No comments: