Thursday, November 15, 2007

Umbrella #3

Dear Friend:

To God be the glory for all of these umbrella stories. I tell you God is so creative. He really wants us to understand His protection for us and really He is using the umbrella as an image to get this across to us. I got the idea for the umbrella just recently while talking to the volunteer coordinator at Elmhurst Hospital. She was sharing how she taught recently in her bible study using the umbrella to show Jesus protection and covering for us all. I liked it so much, that I told her I would use it for the young girls. Last Heart 2 Heart I told you about a response I got from the Umbrella story, do you believe how cute that was? A reader of the Heart 2 Hearts has a dream that her mother (who passed away this year) handed her an umbrella in the dream? Her Mom handed her a “Jesus Umbrella” so her daughter can be protected.

Today I was picturing my friend who just went through some serious medical tests, carrying her “Jesus umbrella” with her on her Doctor appointments. I know she wasn’t literally carrying an umbrella with her to her Doctor appointments (it sure was funny picturing her doing that LOL), but she described such a peace that she could not explain. When we have Jesus along with us, we have peace that we can not explain. She had people praying for her and she was praying for herself. When she prayed and others prayed she got peace. When she was at the hospital things happened that confirmed that she was being protected by Jesus. One smiling, Indian man who was with her before surgery, looked at her and said “God Bless You.” It gave my friend such peace to see a friendly smile and hear those comforting words. That is Jesus all around her guiding and showing His love through people. One nurse offered to go with her to surgery. That nurse gave my friend such peace. Are you getting what I am saying here? We can be in all sorts of trouble and in the midst of serious tests and Jesus can be there with us.

I know I give you this verse frequently, but I needed to be reminded. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God 4:7 and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This kind of peace transcends all understanding. Transcends in the Webster dictionary mean-“to surpass; to out go; to excel; to exceed; to go beyond.

GOD WANTS TO EXCEED OR GO BEYOND ALL UNDERSTANDING IN REGARDS TO YOUR PEACE.

Let’s pray: Thank you Father for peace that I can’t understand, but I know you give. Help me to remember to pray and expect this peace as I go through life. Thank you for the faith to believe, and experience this kind of peace. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Still carrying my umbrella,

Elaine

No comments: