Monday, November 5, 2007

UMBRELLA

Dear Friend:

Yesterday was such a God day! I felt like from the moment I got up and prayed that God would be in my day and order my schedule, that is exactly what he did. I was completing my lesson to teach twenty 11-13 year old girls. I want to invite you to come on my journey of what God taught me and them.

I took an umbrella and wrote the word Jesus all over it. I had a girl named Kaitlin help me to do a skit called “Jesus Umbrella.” She had no umbrella and I had the “Jesus umbrella. “ Kaitlin’s problems in life like having a sick Aunt, a pain in the butt teacher and a pest of a sister seem HUGE TO HER. She is so angry, tired and frustrated with life. Kaitlin takes a look at me and my umbrella and wonders what is up. Why I am so happy? After all, she knows I have a pest of sister, the same pain in the butt teacher as her and I have a sick Grandma. She quickly discovers that lately she has not picked up her umbrella and covered herself. She realized that I looked at my problems differently because of the “Jesus umbrella.” I choose to pray for my teacher and maybe something will change. I prayed that Grandma would go home to be with the Lord in God’s perfect time and that Jesus would comfort us and help us take care of Grandma. As for my sister I prayed Jesus would give me love for her. That Jesus would help us to enjoy each other as sisters. Kaitlin knew that she asked Jesus into her heart at her Sunday school class, but she has been neglecting Him and not taking the “Jesus Umbrella” with her. What did I do to keep the “Jesus Umbrella” with me? I would pray and read God’s word daily so then I would feel protected and close to Him.

This was a great visual way to demonstrate having a personal relationship with Jesus .

So don’t leave home without your “Jesus Umbrella.”

1 John 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Let’s pray: Jesus thank you for message that taught the youth. Lord help , me to see how important it is to be talking to you all day everyday. Forgive me when I don’t. Be with me today and order my day. In Jesus name I pray.

Holding on to my umbrella and giving them away,

Elaine

No comments: